Gambling Addiction Treatment Program
Gambling addiction is often referred to as a “hidden illness” because there are no obvious physical signs. Problem gamblers deny or minimize their problem and go to great lengths to hide their gambling. Our treatment focuses on changing unhealthy gambling behaviors and thoughts. As part of the gamblers treatment plan, an aftercare plan is developed to assist clients with supportive community services of Gamblers Anonymous and continued counseling for the individual and family. Through the 12-Step program of Gamblers Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, the gambler learns valuable skills to avoid relapse for both substance use and gambling.
Gambling 20 Questions
1. Did you ever lose time from work due to gambling?
2. Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Did gambling affect your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
5. Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After losing, did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
8. After a win, did you ever have a strong urge to return and win more?
9. Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
10. Did you ever borrow to finance gambling?
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
12. Were you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
13. Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself and your family?
14. Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
15. Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
17. Did gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
18. Do arguments, disappointment or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
20. Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your gambling?